Here are five reasons why it is so difficult to achieve our New Year resolutions:
1. Powerful countervailing forces appear when we attempt to engineer positive change.
2. Our overbooked lives and strong immunity to change try to keep us from relearning deeply ingrained habits.
3. Most people don't respect their strong immunity to change and, therefore, don't develop the support systems necessary to overcome this powerful and dynamic equilibrium to stay the same.
4. We don't give our brain enough time and energy to relearn deeply ingrained habits by developing and following a goal-achieving plan through personal determination, practice, repetition and the support of others.
5. Some feel they need a change but have a difficult time articulating/envisioning what that change looks like and how to plan to make it real.
- See more about these five reasons at: http://coachingtip.blogs.com/what_can_it_be/2012/10/new-year-resolutions.html
Self-coaching is about coaching yourself.
As powerful and effective as professional coaching can be, it is only affordable to less than one percent of the workforce.