The upcoming event is the latest evolution of the groundbreaking Make Mine a Million $ Business (M3) program and will act as a homecoming to past awardees who now own million-dollar companies.
Count Me In for Women’s Economic Independence and American Express OPEN’s M3 1000 competition will take place July 31 at The Diana Center at Barnard College in New York City. Women entrepreneurs nationwide can apply to compete in this national program through the event date. To apply for the elevator pitch competition, please visit: http://www.makemineamillion.org/events.
M3 1000 is designed to help women entrepreneurs strengthen their vision, build their strategy and take their businesses to a million dollars in revenue. Here’s how it works:
- Each participant will deliver a two-minute elevator pitch about their business, qualifications, and how they would benefit from the program
- All elevator pitches are given in front of a live audience and a panel of qualified judges
- Judges will select which of the participants will be named as pitch winners, who will receive prizes and then move on to the final round, to collect additional resources
- The pitch winners are required to submit full applications and company financial information for final consideration as M3 1000 awardees
M3 1000 targets enterprises organized and conducting business in the United States with the following criteria:
- The business should be at least 50% owned by a woman who is a U.S. citizen or legal resident
- The company should be at least two years old and have annual revenues between $85,000 - $700,000
- The entrepreneur should be ready to grow her business to a million dollars within the next 18-24 months
Representatives from American Express OPEN and Count Me In are available to speak to how M3 1000 can help women entrepreneurs grow their businesses and add to the already existing 7.7 million Americans they employ and $1.3 trillion they contribute to the national economy.
New self-coaching guide books for career women: